What is STORM School?
STORM School is the first in a series of training and educational initiatives of the AHC's Applied Operational Research Institute (AHCi) that will leverage the AHC's operational partners in the private sector and government who have collectively responded to thousands of storms and disasters over the past 30+years.
The vision behind STORM School is to create a community of new, maturing, and experienced crisis managers that learns from each other, leverages the experiences and wisdom of the group to create more informed, active and innovative crisis managers for the future.
The STORM School initiative will:
STORM School will feature:
STORM School will also leverage the training efforts and content of other industry and government partners that align with the overall mission.
INITIAL ONLINE TRAINING TOPICS
The initial STORM School topics will include:
1)Equipping New Leaders: Learn how to get up to speed faster in a new leadership role through learning proven strategies and approaches that reduce your learning curve, avoid common mistakes, build confidence in you and your team.
2) Business Continuity and Impact Analysis: Learn how to quickly identify the top three (3) threats to your business operations and leverage proven strategies and checklists to enhance your business continuity planning to keep your business protected from any present or emerging threat.
3) Navigating Crisis Logistics: Learn how to increase the productivity, confidence, and safety of your crisis response workforce through well-planned and coordinated logistics.
4) Managing Storm Expenses: Learn secrets from industry experts to identify, manage and recover the millions you are leaving on the table in un-reimbursed or lost dollars before your next disaster.
5) Predictive Impacts and Pro-active Planning: Learn how to merge available predictive weather data with historical storm damage to predict the potential impacts of impending storms, build confidence in yourself and your team, and empower proactive planning.
6) Cross-Sector Communications & Coordination: Learn the operational value and processes to develop, maintain and enhance effective industry and government operational partnerships to coordinate communications, actions and create and sustain trust with stakeholders before, during, and after a crisis.
COST - FREE
The introductory offerings of STORM School will be free.