- Launched a new grassroots approach designed to engage people in their own emergency preparedness and to educate the public and private sector on effective shelter in place preparation which trained 100+ public and private sector organizations in the mic-Atlantic region on how to shelter in place during certain types of disasters.
Public Safety Communications
- Organized multiple states in the mid-Atlantic region in support of the FirstNet initiative as part of a disaster communication project which is now an operating regional working group called MACINAC.
Public/Private Coordinated Emergency Response
- Reduced delays for utility vehicles at US/Canadian border from two hours to 20 seconds per truck. This has application in all sectors across US.
- Developed expedited toll station process for utilities which allows multiple vehicles to legally and safely operate under single EZPASS transponder by using a Delaware EZPASS Commercial Account, thus reducing operational costs and long delays at toll stations in 15 states in Northeast. This has application in all sectors across US.
- Produced Electric Utility Liaison Position Specific Guide to help private sector liaisons function in state EOC's. This established a baseline of training/processes, expedites information flow, manages expectations on both sides of the table, and helps to expedite power restoration efforts when needed. This has application in other sectors across US.
- Produced national fleet movement process that coordinates with states across broad geographic footprints (10+ states). This resulted in expediting electric sector fleet movement through 20+ states during ice storms in winter of 2014. By expediting fleet movement, this allows utility trucks to show up on location faster in order to begin restoration work sooner. This has application in all utility sectors across US.
Public/Private Operational Information Sharing
- Launched secure information sharing pilot and portal with EC3 Work Group and DHS Science & Technology Cyber Security Division that will provide private sector their own trusted platform to share sensitive operational information with specific state and local government individuals. By expediting information flow of sensitive information, operational issues in private and public sector get resolved faster as has been demonstrated already in the electric sector. This has application in all sectors across US.
Federal Operational Integration & Coordination
- Attracted FEMA, USDOT and USDOE support to develop educational and operational support for the ongoing regional fleet movement process with states/cities. This has application in all sectors and states /cities across US.
Operational Solution Research & Development Process
Attracted federal research dollars and support to address public/private operational information sharing, credentialing/access, and development of a regional information sharing agreement.
Jointly Developed Operational Tools
- Produced operational tools website
that allows open access at no cost to a number of functional,
operational products that can be used by any sector across United
States. This has application in all sectors and states /cities across
- Produced a variety of educational webinars and training products
to help public and private sector understand both sides of an
operational issue. This has application in all sectors and states
/cities across US.